Monday, March 28, 2016

Can I Get a Hallelujah?

AMEN! It is a beautiful Easter weekend here in Thailand. I proclaim with all the energy of my heart and feeling of my soul, "HALLELUJAH," for our Lord and Savior has risen. Amazing week. Today will be short. I have about 30 minutes. 


Today, we were in Chiang Mai with President and Sister Johnson and Elder and Sister Barlow. We went to pet some tigers. Yes... those are real tigers. It's name is Doughnut. What a birthday treat! 



Thank you to all of you sweet souls who sent me a birthday message. GOD BLESS YOU! I have the best family and friends in the whole world. From the bottom of my heart - THANK YOU. 

The Work: 

This week was district conference down in Chiang Mai with all of the branches in northern Thailand. So fun to see all of my friends from other branches as well as the missionaries. It was so much fun! Things are going great! 

The Culture: 
  • On a regular basis, women will clean the men’s and women’s public bathrooms. So don't be scared if you are using the urinal, and a woman is mopping behind you.
  • Food of the week that I actually ate on my birthday - Fried Frog. Absolutely delicious. Very tender flavor, and it was juicy! Lots of bones though... overall a 6 out of 10... would eat again. 
Frog!

The Funnies: 

- Can't think of any - other than my goofball companion, Elder Rogers. 


Spiritual thought: 

There are many different views about where we go after this earth...this life. Some believe it is the end of our existence; some believe in reincarnation; others believe in heaven, hell, a state of existence. I want to share my belief that I know there is a heaven. How do I know this? I know this thing by the power of the Holy Ghost. To put it in the words of James E. Faust - "The gift of the Holy Ghost comes after one repents and becomes worthy. The Holy Ghost bears witness of truth and impresses upon the soul the reality of God the Father and the Son Jesus Christ SO DEEPLY that no earthly power or authority can separate him from that knowledge."
I love my Savior, and I know he lives. He has a body of flesh and bones that is complete and perfect, and I know that through him I can rise again from the dead - that this earth is simply a probationary state and that the real Easter eggs lie in the world to come. 

God bless you all. And happy Easter! 

-- 
Love the Lord and Laugh, 
เอ็ลเดอร์ สมีธ-ดริกส์

Elder Smith-Driggs  

No comments:

Post a Comment