Sunday, June 11, 2017

My Joy is Full

Today, I feel joy! It has been almost 2 years since I have been a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. My message today brothers and sisters will not be long. If I were going to try to put all of my feelings into words, it would not be possible. Sometimes the feelings that we have cannot be adequately described by a word processor.
Congratulations my dear friend!

Brother Bounma was baptized yesterday by his older brother, Elder Xayavong. What a fantastic last Sunday. It was very special for me. A good wind up because family baptizes family. LET’S GOOOOO!! We also had 13 investigators at church so we were spread thin (just we 2 elders) trying to teach as many as we could before they left. I love being a missionary hahaha.

I love these sweet members and will miss them with all my heart.

Saying goodbye to Brother Khampii

I want to encourage all youth everywhere around the world to prepare to serve a mission. It will change your life. No matter where you go, what color your name tag is, girl or boy, senior or younger, you will be a representative of Jesus Christ and have the blessing of teaching repentance and baptizing converts. You will invite everyone to come unto Christ! How great is your calling! Don't miss this opportunity. Don't miss it!

I will be indebted forever to my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. Christ is my creditor, and I will never be able to repay him. But he sets the terms. And all he asks of us is to follow him. I have tried my very best to do that these last two years. I wasn't the best inviter, or the best teacher, or the best in the language. But I gave it my all. 

I testify that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World. He loves us and wants us to repent. Conversion is not a step, it is a process. I will continue on that trajectory until the day I greet him face to face and bow before him and kiss his feet. I love him with all my heart. I wasn't a perfect missionary, but I sure learned how to love people, and in doing so learned how to love my God. I love missionary work because I get to testify of Him! I am his representative and his messenger. I know he lives. 

"Suffer the children to come unto me." 

Thank you brothers and sisters for your prayers, your support, and your sweet notes and emails over the past couple years. If you read this far into the blog - then props! And in the small chance my future wife will eventually stalk this blog and read every entry...thanks for reading honey, love ya ;)

Please know that I love you and I care about you all. I think of many of you frequently as I bike from place to place. Whether you are in the 4th Ward, friends from college, my dear extended family, or my mommy and daddy and cute little sisters. You mean the world to me. See you soon.

Love the Lord and Laugh.

Signing off for the last time,

Elder Abraham Smith-Driggs 

OF COURSE YOU ARE ALL WELCOME to come to my homecoming talk on Sunday, June 25, 9 a.m. (LDS Church building at 3103 E. Craig Drive, SLC, UT, 84109). Please bring everyone and your dog. Actually scratch that - no dogs. No pets allowed. Not like we Mormons are animal haters - our prophet, fun fact, has like 1000 show pigeons. In any case, no pets at the church;)  You are also welcome to come hang out at my house on Saturday, June 24th in the evening from 7-9 p.m. There will be a big party with Lao food and everything!  I'll post my address on my Facebook and Instagram accounts when I get home. My mom doesn't want me to post it here where the "whole world" will see it. Hahahahahahahaha.  Gotta love moms:)

-- 
Love the Lord and Laugh, 
ອັບຣາຮາມ ສະມິດ-ດິກສ

Abraham Smith-Driggs  

2 comments:


  1. Do you need personal loan? Does your firm,company or industry need financial assistance? Do you need finance to start your business? Do you need finance to expand your business? We give out loan to interested individuals who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us at Email: perfectfinancialcredite@gmail.com
    APPLICATION DETAILS
    Your Full Details:
    Full Name:
    Loan Amount Need:
    Loan Duration:
    Phone Number:
    Applied before?
    State:
    Monthly Income:
    Country:
    You are to send this to our Company Email;perfectfinancialcredite@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete