Friday, January 6, 2017

Back in Black (Nametag that is....)

Monday, January 2, 2017

Hello Fam and Friends! Super short email today because we are getting back late. 

Update: In Udorn (eastern Thailand about 2 hours from Laos). 

The Work:
New Companion: I am actually with an OLD companion, ELDER CHERDCHAYAPHUM (Cherd for short). We served together in Bangkok and are now Zone Leaders together! So excited to be with him. We have been having a BLAST. He is from Korat (middle of Thailand). Such an awesome guy! 



Emotions: So happy and grateful to be here in Udorn with Elder Cherd. Our house is awesome! With Elder Cherd, Elder Lor (also served in Laos before), and Elder Brown! 



BAPTISM...I can say that in this country now!

Culture:

We went to Three Rock Whale Mountain today for P-Day.



Funnies: 

1. I keep getting scared opening up the Book of Mormon in Public. I get really nervous when we just talk about God. I find myself looking around making sure we are not being filmed. Elder Cherd just pats me on the back and says, "We are in Thailand. You are ok...we can do this here!" He is helping me out a lot! Great guy.

“Elder, I heard you were fasting so I decided to eat right next to you.”...“Thanks brother.”

2. Elder Cherd ate raw shrimp, and it destroyed him later hahahaha classic. When a member is like, “Elders Elders eat up!”.... classic missionary moment.

3. People freak out when I speak Lao. Really fun stuff!

When all your socks are dirty...oops hahaha.

Spiritual thought: 
"Service is not a list of things you do, it is a lifestyle!" - some random Mormon video I watched hahahahaaha.

An inviting card!.... how I have missed these!

I love you all so much. Great things in store. I am very happy and am really enjoying Thailand again. Sorry so short today. See you all next week. I am alive and doing well! 

-- 
Love the Lord and Laugh, 
ອັບຣາຮາມ ສະມິດ-ດິກສ

Abraham Smith-Driggs  

No comments:

Post a Comment